Saturday, August 31, 2013

Spinach and Tomato Alfredo Pizza

I swear, you guys must think I have food ADD. One day I post a fall comfort food, and they next I'm posting foods with summer veggies. The truth is, I just love the foods I love, and I could eat them any time of the year. For today, I have another recipe inspired from a blog. I love reading other blogs. That's really all I do in my free time. I read every single one of the blogs I follow, and I love gathering inspiration from them. Its the best way to find new vegetarian recipes right from the bloggers themselves. Don't think I am unoriginal, or a copy-cat. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? This recipe comes from Family Food Finds.

003

What you need:

001

A few handfuls of spinach
1 small (or half a large) tomato, chopped
Alfredo sauce
4-5 minced garlic gloves
1/2 of shredded mozzarella cheese
A pizza crust
Oregano

What to do:
Preheat the oven to 475 degrees with your pizza stone inside.
Spread a few spoonfuls of the alfredo sauce on the crust, making sure to leave about an inch around.
Sprinkle on the garlic and cheese.  Evenly layer on the tomatoes and spinach leaves.
Finally, add a few sprinkles of oregano.
Pop your pizza in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
Let your pizza sit for about 5 minutes before you cut into it.

002

004

007

009

This was so quick and easy to make, and so good! I'm not really a huge fan of tomato sauce. Its not that I don't like it, I just like most other Italian sauces more. How brilliant to put Alfredo on pizza! It was so creamy, garlic-y and full of flavor. I loved the Italian flavors, and once in a while I would get a bite with a huge chunk of garlic. What can I say? I love garlic! The tomatoes burst in my mouth, and the spinach gave it a nice, fresh flavor. I loved this whole wheat crust. The pizza was soft, while the crust was nice and crunchy. I felt that the Alfredo made this pizza so rich and creamy, I don't think it really needed the cheese. This was such a great pizza, I will definilty be making this again!

Adapted from Family Food Finds Spinach Tomato Alfredo Pizza.

Do you like experimenting with different kids of pizza? Will you try this one too?

Bye from the Veggie Side!

4 comments:

  1. Yum! Not only does it look delicious, but it looks healthy!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to put alfredo sauce on a pizza! and it looks so simple and easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS THE BEST IDEA EVER! Why have I never done this?! Argh!!
    Thanks for the idea. ;)
    Liz
    http://www.liz-makes.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the shout-out in your adaptation! I'm glad you liked something of mine well enough to adapt it yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment! I appreciate everything you guys have to say, so go on and comment, I don't bite!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...