Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Peanut Ramen Noodles: Part 1

Hello everyone and welcome to the last post being broadcast from my home in New York!  On Friday, I will begin my journey to move with my boyfriend to Virginia!  I am so excited that finally after 4 years of long distance dating that we will finally be close. However, I am not too thrilled about leaving my home state of New York. No matter what I will always be a New Yorker!

Today I want to show you a quasi recipe that I put together from inspiration I got from good ole' Pinterest.  I have loved Ramen noodles since I was about 8 years old. My dad would cook them for me all the time by microwaving the noodles in the water, then mixing in the spice packet.  When I gave up meat at 11 years old, I stopped eating the chicken flavor (and all the other meat flavors) since they have the stock of the animal in the spice packet. Luckily there is ONE flavor of ONE brand that is vegetarian: Top Ramen Oriental flavor.  I gobbled up these quick noodles until I went off the college.  While all of my classmates ate more Ramen while at school, the local super market didn't carry the Oriental flavor, so I stopped eating them.  Once I came back home I rediscovered my love for the noodle soup and it was all Ramen all the time once again.

Then while browsing Pinterest, I saw some "recipes" that people had created using Ramen. With my love newly restored, I was so excited to try some of them out.  I wanted to start simple my first time. I mixed together a few ingredients, and Peanut Ramen Noodles Part 1 were created!

What you need:

 photo 006_zps25354e10.jpg

For these noodles I grabbed the jar of peanut butter that I had in my cabinet, asian chili garlic sauce, and of course Top Ramen noodles in Oriental flavor.

What to do:
Fill a bowl with water and add in the dry noodles. Microwave for 3 minutes making sure to stir up the noodles halfway through.
Once they are all cooked, carefully drain out the water making sure to leave a little bit of water in the bowl.
Mix in the Oriental flavor packet, a heaping tablespoon of peanut butter, and chili sauce to taste.
That's it! How easy is that?

 photo 008_zps52697dec.jpg

I am literally obsessed with these spicy noodles. The peanut butter makes them creamy, while the Ramen flavor packet is the perfect mix of Asian spices. Finally, I love how the chili sauce takes the Ramen to a whole new level of spice!

 photo 011_zps9462b8d0.jpg

After I made these noodles, I actually stopped eating Ramen the "normal" way! Adding a few simple ingredients really takes Ramen from a poor college kid's food, to an easy to make Asian dinner!

These totally inspired me to take my Peanut Ramen Noodles to the next level.  I plan on trying these again but with CRUNCHY peanut butter, so it will have bits of peanuts in it just like in pad thai! I also want to try adding veggies or even tofu. I can't wait to keep enjoying and experimenting with Ramen Noodles!

Have you ever dressed up Ramen? What would you add?

Bye from the Veggie Side!

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I haven't had Top Ramen for years, but used to love it. I have never dressed it up before, but that is genius! Good luck on your move! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely going to try this! I love Ramen noodles!

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment! I appreciate everything you guys have to say, so go on and comment, I don't bite!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...