Today's Post is going to be a little different. While my blog highlights how to be a vegetarian but still eat like a meat-eater, I know that many people choose vegetarianism for the health and weight loos aspects. I am a mere 95 lbs (on a good day) but I am a fat kid at heart. My favorite foods are cheese, carbs, fried food, and...fried carbs. Here are some tips to help you drop a few pounds while not having to eat like a rabbit, which I really hate doing.
1. Go halfsies. I find that when it comes to losing weight its not about the kinds of food you eat, but really the amount. Are you craving those foods that aren't diet friendly like pizza and pasta? Cut the portion in half and save the rest for tomorrow, or share it with a friend. Foods like pizza and pasta are super high in carbs, which makes them really filling. You will find you don't need too much to fill up and stay full. Half the food means half the calories.
2. Graze. Ok, ok. So I might not like eating like a rabbit, but eating like a cow can help you shed those pounds. Instead of 2 big meals a day, split up your food in 5-6 mini meals. Spacing out your food helps move along you metabolism which will keep you slim. When you graze you will feel full on less food, and eventually wont need to eat as much to feel satisfied.
3. Just a taste. I am not the biggest sweets lover, but we all get those cravings for something sweet after a meal. Instead of having the whole slice of cake, just have one bite! You will fulfill your sweet tooth without setting back your whole diet.
4. Spice it up. It has been shown that spicy foods help you keep off the weight. One way I stay thin is by adding heat to everything! I love hot peppers, chili oil and hot sauce. Try adding more spicy food to your diet. It will help you shed pounds and increase the flavor of a bland meal.
5. Not too saucy. Many people don't know that dressings and sauces are loaded with fat! Adding too much dressing to your salad can make it just as unhealthy as fried food. However, I love sauce on everything! Instead of ketchup which is loaded in sugar, swap it for mustard. How many calories are in mustard? Some brands have 0 per serving!
6. Let it out. Ok let's get personal for a second. The quicker the food leaves your body, the less time your body has to absorb the fat. Kicking up the fiber in your diet will help you stay...uh...regular, which also helps you lose weight.
I hope you find these tips helpful. If any of these work for you let me know!
Bye from the veggie side!