Saturday, July 6, 2013

Southwestern Panini - My First Panini Press!

Hello everyone! This marks a special post for a few reasons. First, this is my first post that I am writing from my new apartment in Virginia! Moving away from home was one of the hardest things that I have ever done, but each day that I get settled in my new place, the easier it gets.

This is also the first post that I am going to show you food I made in my brand new kitchen, on my brand new plates, with my brand new panini press. My dad's girlfriend gave Ben and I a panini press for a housewarming gift, but since Ben was going to use it to cook his meaty foods, the panini press was basically just a gift for me. Ahh, the perks of living with your boyfriend!

I had never used a panini press before, but I was too excited to open it up and start using it that I decided to forgo the instructions and just wing it.  We had just had vegetarian tacos for dinner, so I decide to put the leftovers together and make my first Southwestern panini.

 photo 109_zps8222eb0d.jpg

What you need:

 photo 103_zps5cb9c118.jpg
2 Slices of bread
Salsa
Avocado
Mexican blend cheese

What to do:
 photo 105_zpsc8efba94.jpg

Start by cutting your avocado in half and opening it to remove the pit. Scoop out half or the meat and press it to one slice of bread.

 photo 106_zpsa29560f2.jpg

Layer on a few spoonfuls of salsa and top with lots of cheese. Add the other slice of bread on top and its time to press!

 photo 107_zps403336c6.jpg

I was really proud of my first panini!  The bread was perfectly cooked with the perfect amount of crunch that matched with the creaminess of the avocado.  The salsa and the Mexican cheese gave it that Southwestern flavor.

 photo 110_zpsee5c93a0.jpg

I loved how beautifully melted the cheese was. This tasted just like it was made in a little sandwich shop!

 photo 112_zps193e336a.jpg

I decided to take the other half of the avocado and add it to a little salad on the side.

 photo 113_zpsed811260.jpg

I really loved making my first panini. It was so much fun finding ingredients to add and it looked so cute. I am so excited to try even more combinations!

Do you like making your own paninis? What kind should I try next?

Bye from the Veggie Side!

3 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious!! I have a panini press and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I am obsessed with paninis! I am looking forward to more of your panini posts and you continue to use it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new place! The panini looks great, I'm sure you'll be making many more and having fun coming up with new flavor combos! I don't have a panini press so I'm stuck with just plain ol' boring sandwiches. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment! I appreciate everything you guys have to say, so go on and comment, I don't bite!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...