Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Veggie Burger Chronicles: The Brazen Fox

Hello everyone and welcome to another installment of the veggie burger chronicles! Today's post is aabout a local bar and restaurant, The Brazen Fox.  The Brazen Fox is located in White Plains, NY, and serves many kinds of bar munchies, meals, salads, and sandwiches. I discovered the Brazen Fox when I was out on new years eve.  My friends and I were looking for a bar to hang out in until the ball drop, so we stopped in here.  While I was more interested in what beers they had that night, I couldn't stop myself from just checking out the menu.  While I didn't order any food that night, I wanted to try so many things on the menu, so I  went back a few months later to make sure I finally got to try the food.

I was given the menu, and the specials menu (and of course the drink menu).  I usually just toss aside the specials, but that day there was a southwestern black bean veggie burger on the specials and I knew I found the winner!

 photo 006_zps7aa01d21.jpg

The burger itself was really delicious! The outside was crunchy and the inside was soft and creamy.  I usually don't like black beans, but you could taste all the spices more than the actual flavor of the beans so I was really pleased. It also came with melted cheddar and avocado which pretty much made it a win in my book! Of course they had to include the classics: lettuce, tomato, and pickles. You can choose from a number of sides including fries, and sweet potato fries, but I opted for the healthier salad.  This salad came with a really tasty balsamic vinaigrette.

What I also love about the Brazen Fox is that you can make ANY normal burger on the menu, and change it to a veggie burger.  I love that since most places have one veggie burger but like 10 meaty ones, so eventually I get tired of getting the same thing.  But now I can try all the different kids of burgers they offer and still keep it meat free!

Have you been to the Brazen Fox? If you are in the area will you plan a visit? What are your favorite veggie burger toppings?

Bye from the Veggie Side!

2 comments:

I read every comment! I appreciate everything you guys have to say, so go on and comment, I don't bite!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...