Saturday, April 13, 2013

Amy's Veggie Loaf

Hello everyone! I hope you have all been enjoying the nice warm weather, I know that I have! Although I do have to say I'm happy that April is almost over and May is on its way! I hate how much rain April brings. Usually right about now I am planning my move to the desert...You know, until summer hits and then I plan my move to Alaska.

Today I have an Amy's meal that I consider the substitute teacher of Amy's frozen meals. When I first became a vegetarian, many years ago, one of the very first Amy's frozen meals I found was the veggie Salisbury steak. Salisbury steak is another food that I never ate as a meat eater, but have eaten the veggie version.  I remembered how good it was, and how my mom used to microwave it to me and serve me in my room back at our first house.  I ate it for years..until one day I couldn't find it in the supermarkets anymore.  However, right about the time the Salisbury steak disappeared, the veggie loaf made its debut. I decided to give it a try, and while it wasn't exactly like the steak, it was still very good, and I knew I had found its substitute.

 photo 001_zpsb4246874.jpg

 photo 002_zpse30ad8de.jpg

The Veggie Loaf reminds me of those classic 1950's TV dinners.  It comes with a veggie loaf made of lentils and other vegetables covered in a really tasty veggie gravy, mashed potatoes, and a mix of peas and corn.  I love mixing the gravy with the mashed potatoes and pretending I'm an all-American meat eater.  I have never actually had real gravy on mashed potatoes!

 photo 004_zpsff3dea86.jpg

 photo 006_zps97799953.jpg

This meal really reminds me of my grandma's cooking, because she always used healthy ingredients..and a lot of lentils!  I always feel good after eating this really healthy meal, full of protein and veggies, but I like pretending that its bad for you! :-P

Have you tried Amy's Veggie Loaf?  Do you like vegetarian meat loafs?

Bye from the Veggie Side!

2 comments:

  1. WOW, I have to search for this one :( I never saw this one in our shops :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was and still is one of my all time favorite Amy's product. I used to eat it all the time, it totally reminds me of retro tv dinners. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment! I appreciate everything you guys have to say, so go on and comment, I don't bite!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...