Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Ramen Broccoli Slaw

Welcome to fall...not really. I don't know about you, but its been in the 80's here in Virginia! October is my most favorite of seasons, but sadly its not quite feeling like fall around here.  Last weekend I was in Ocean City, MD to see my dad compete in the regional Barbershop Chorus competition.  While he was rehearsing I actually went to the beach! The beach, in October. Warm weather calls for warm weather food.

033

In the spring, I went to Ben's cousin's bridal shower. I absolutely love that side of his family. While most of Ben's family either forgets that I don't eat meat, or they just don't care enough to accommodate me, his aunt is the absolute sweetest.  Every family gathering at her place involves her walking me through all the vegetarian options that she made for me!  During the shower, we went through the same ritual. She pointed at a bowl full of greens and noodles, called it Ramen Broccoli Coleslaw, and told me it was vegetarian. I had never heard of such a thing. but after trying it I was hooked!  I decided it was time to try making it myself!

What you need:

023
Top Ramen Oriental flavor (the only vegetarian Ramen)
Olive oil
Broccoli Coleslaw
Sugar
Vinegar

Unfortunately, I lost the recipe, and I can't remember how much I used of each ingredient. I just remember that you smash the Ramen into small pieces, mix it up with the Ramen flavor packet and the other ingredients. If I find the recipe I will let you guys know!

028

030

031

The second time around, this was just as good as I remembered! I loved the combination of salty from the Ramen spices, the sweetness from the sugar, and the tang from the vinegar. The veggies were really fresh and really added to the mix of textures. The different crunches from the veggies and the noodles made this dish pretty complex. I love finding ways to dress up Ramen noodles, and this was definitely a winner in my book!

What are your favorite ways to dress up Ramen? Have you ever tried this Ramen Broccoli Slaw?

Bye from the Veggie Side!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment! I appreciate everything you guys have to say, so go on and comment, I don't bite!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...