Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Crescent Rolls - Pesto & Broccoli

As per the name of this blog, simple, easy, and vegetarian is the name of the game when I'm choosing what to make for dinner.  And now that I buy my own food, "budget" is another word I have added to my food vocabulary.  I have always been intrigued by the Pillsbury Crescent Rolls commercials where they get a little creative with the rolls.  Its been a while since I last made stuffed crescents, and with frozen veggies, and crescent rolls, on sale, it was time to get cooking!

013

What you need:

001

The best part about these is that you can fill them up with any of your favorite combination of things. I used two tube of crescent rolls, pesto, broccoli and mozzarella cheese.

What to do:
Preheat the oven according to the directions on your crescent rolls.
Lay out the dough and fill them with your favorite things!

002

Roll them up. I like to wrap the sides in to keep all the ingredients inside the rolls.
Pop them in the oven and bake according to the directions on the rolls.

004

007

008

011

014

To me, pesto and broccoli is one of those perfect combinations, like chocolate and peanut butter, or tomato and basil, you just can't go wrong. The cheese was so melty, which is my favorite way to eat cheese. The pesto had lots of great flavor, while the broccoli added a nice crunch. The rolls were nice and crispy on the outside, and soft and flaky inside. Oh crescent rolls, you have produced another winner!

Have you have stuffed crescent rolls? What ingredients should I use next?

Bye from the Veggie Side!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment! I appreciate everything you guys have to say, so go on and comment, I don't bite!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...