Saturday, February 8, 2014

Cheesy Broccoli Casserole

Now that we are really in the dead of winter, I have been thoroughly enjoying comfort foods. Anything warm, cheesy, and comforting is the perfect food to end a cold winter day with. Comfort foods are not always the healthiest, so it helps to tweak them here and there to turn them from junk food, to a great meal. The best way to make some great comfort food is in the crock pot. I love that you can just toss everything in and leave it. Its rare to find a great looking vegetarian crock pot recipe, but when I found one for cheesy broccoli casserole, I knew I had a winner.

028

Inspired by Stephanie 'Dea.

What you need:

023

2 pounds of broccoli, trimmed
1/3 cup of flour
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of black pepper
1/2 tsp brown mustard
1 cup of fat free milk
1 cup of veggie broth
1/2 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup of shredded mozzerella

What to do:
Combine the flour, salt, pepper, and mustard in a large bowl.
Toss flour mixture with the broccoli and pour into the crock pot.

024

Pour in the milk, broth, and cover with cheese.

025

Cook on low for about 6 hours, until broccoli is tender and the edges start to brown.

027

031

035

This casserole was crunchy, creamy, so comforting, and so delicious! There was a hint of spice from the pepper and mustard. I loved that the outsides were crispy. All the spices from the broth made me feel like I was eating a solid cheesy broccoli soup! This meal was the perfect mix of vegetables and creamy comfort. It would work perfectly as a side dish, or a meal on its own!

Will you try this crock pot cheesy broccoli casserole?

Bye from the Veggie Side!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment! I appreciate everything you guys have to say, so go on and comment, I don't bite!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...