Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Chicken and Caprese open faced sammy

Hello everyone! Today I want to show you a typical lunch in the Simple. Easy. Vegetarian! household.  Two things that we always keep stocked on the fridge are tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.  I love adding them both to all kinds of foods like pastas and soups, and also slicing them to make sandwiches.  Whether hot and melted, or cold with the classic flavors, tomato and mozzarella.

For today's lunch I decided on hot and melty, I love melted cheese!  It has been a long time since I have ordered a sandwich with meat at a restaurant or deli, but I have seen some and I try to gain cooking inspiration from that.

 photo 003_zps6edf19c9.jpg

I started with my tomato and mozzarella staple, and then I got creative from there.  After broiling the cheese on top of a slice of oatmeal bread, I added a layer of sliced tomatoes, and then a piece of my favorite veggie chicken, Boca Original Chik'n, which looks and tastes just like a chicken cutlet, without any of that pesky chicken, of course. I finished off with my absolute favorite hot mustard from the Jewish deli by my house.

 photo 002_zps86f9df26.jpg

 photo 001_zps1d1d452e.jpg

I love the mix of hot, melty cheese, spicy mustard, and the classic chicken flavor!  This meal was a little messy, but a lot of delicious!  Now go ahead and tell me that vegetarians can't enjoy a hot open faced chicken sandwich! 

What is your favorite sandwich to make? Do you like experimenting with veggie meats too?

Bye from the Veggie Side!





2 comments:

I read every comment! I appreciate everything you guys have to say, so go on and comment, I don't bite!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...