Thursday, February 27, 2014

Romantic Pancakes

Last week I celebrated a really nice Valentine's day by exchanging gifts and having a nice dinner with Ben. He got me a beautiful new tea set that I absolutely love! Only a few days later, Ben left for a long weekend to go skiing with his family, and I stayed home to man the fort.

I'm not sure if I was just missing Ben, or still in the Valentine's mood, but I decided to get a little creative with my breakfast one morning.  As you know, I'm not the biggest fan of breakfast foods, but I knew I had a lonely box of pancake mix in the cupboard that wanted some attention. I had also been itching to try out my new heart molds. Add in some mixed berries and chocolate sauce, and I had made some very romantic pancakes...just for myself.

006

003

002

There is not much better than chocolate with strawberries, so I knew I'd have a winner. I mixed the chocolate sauce right into the batter, but next time I'll squeeze it onto the pancakes as they cook, for a more chocolaty flavor. I loved the hot, sweet berries inside and the pancakes were so soft and fluffy too! This little romantic breakfast for one came together perfectly, with a cup of tea in my brand new set.

What do you think of my little romantic pancakes? Would you eat these alone, or share them with someone special?

Bye from the Veggie Side!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment! I appreciate everything you guys have to say, so go on and comment, I don't bite!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...